Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Encouraging innate creativity.

One of the kids I babysit loves art.  She is so creative and imaginative.  She creates little books, drawings, and creatures on a nonstop basis.  She reminds me so much of myself when I was her age.

I believe strongly in nurturing childrens' innate creativity.  We all come into the world with a desire to play, create, imagine...and somewhere along the way we're made to feel that these things aren't important.  Math, science, grammar...these are held with higher regard than art.  

Math and science are extremely important, but they're not for everyone.  Some people are born to be artists.  They have a drive to create that supersedes everything else.  Art is their passion and their purpose.  This should be celebrated!  How wonderful that a child knows at a young age what they love to do?  Let's not diminish the power of a child's innate creativity, let's do all that we can do help it bloom!

"If children grew up according to early indications, we should have nothing but geniuses." - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe





(I brought oil pastels the last time I babysat.  The little artist knew I was bringing them and her mom told me it was all she talked about all week.  As soon as she saw the pastels she ripped them open and immediately put pastel to paper.  Creativity!)

No comments:

Post a Comment