Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Creativity Inspiration: Brandon Boyd

Brandon Boyd is such a talented and creative artist.  He sings, illustrates, paints amazing works, and writes philosophical bliss.  I adore reading his interviews because he has such an interesting perspective.  He talks a lot about his creativity, inspirations, and the inner workings of his artistic process.  Brandon is also just completely and totally dead sexy.  He's quite honestly, da bomb. An excessive amount of pictures follow, because I have to include photos of his awesome artwork and his awesome self.

My creative process is both complex and simple. The complexities arise when I try and understand what I am doing when I am doing it. It's like trying to describe the sensation of love; one is better suited just experiencing it for oneself. But it becomes simple when I let go into the process and don't question it so much. Kind of a surrender into right brian, as it were. But for clarity's sake, I have waves of creativity, followed by times of drought. In these times, I have learned that just reading, listening to music, and surfing a whole lot help to pass the time before the next creative pulse arises. It's been this way in my life for as long as I can remember.  -Brandon Boyd










No comments:

Post a Comment