Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

DIY Ugly Christmas Sweater

  

"Ugly Christmas Sweater" parties are huge this year around my circle of friends, so I thought I would get crafty and uglify (yep, just invented that word) my own unfashionable sweater from scratch!  I headed to my favorite place, Michael's Craft Store, and stocked up on pipe cleaners, pom poms, hot glue sticks, and snowflake cut outs.  You can obviously pick and choose whatever tacky doodads you would like for your own sweater.  Here is my creation, step by step!  Old sweaters are funny, but DIY sweaters are FUNny because they are super fun to make!






Supplies Needed:
* An old, preferably tacky, sweater (Get creative with turtlenecks and vests, too!)
* A hot glue gun and plenty of glue sticks
* Tacky, three dimensional objects (Think jingle bells, pom poms, holly leaves, etc.)
* Scissors




1 comment:

  1. I love this! My friend is having a tacky Christmas sweater party and I can't find any super sheap sweaters (since I won't wear it much I don't really want to pay $40). But this is a great solution, and I can add whatever I want! Thank you, I'm so doing this.

    ReplyDelete