Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Movie Love: 50/50

I saw the movie 50/50, starring Joseph Gordon Levitt and Seth Rogen, this weekend and thought it was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!  First of all, I am Joseph Gordon Levitt's biggest fan.  I've been loving him since his 3rd Rock from the Sun days!

ahem...


But yes, the movie was wonderful.  The film is loosely based on the experience of screenplay writer, Will Reiser.  The story follows a young man as he gets diagnosed with cancer and explores how that affects his life and relationships.  I'll be honest, I almost lost it in the theatre at one point.  It is a tearjerker but totally not in an emotionally manipulative way.  I thought the movie was well written, well acted, and filled with heart.  I love movies because of the potential they have to change my inner landscape.  I walked into the movie feeling slightly jaded and left with a renewed sense of gratitude for my life.  The idea that at any time, we could be diagnosed with a life threatening disease is a big reminder to live each day to the fullest.

I recommend this movie from the bottom of my heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment