Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Life inspiration: Drew Barrymore

Some people (like a fine wine-ha!) just get better with age.  Drew Barrymore is one of those people. 



Is it just me, or is she simply glowing these days?  Drew is a personal inspiration for several reasons.  She is eternally optimistic, she has faced down her demons and come out the other side, she is spontaneous, she is confident, she is a free spirit, she is authentic, aware, and in touch with her heart.



I believe that as we get older, our true self shines through.  If we work at cultivating qualities like gratitude, inner peace, and love, our aura gets brighter with age.  If we spend our days filled with worry, doubt, or focus on impermanent superficiality, our aura dims.  As we get older, we look more and more like how we feel



Drew's positivity is easy to mock.  She has been continuously parodied on SNL and her hippie perspective is easy to impersonate.  But you know, she doesn't seem to care.  She doesn't take herself too seriously.  The fact that she is outspokenen about her dreams, aspirations, and idealistic viewpoints does open her up for criticism. Haters are gonna hate.  She just keeps forging ahead.



Drew has always been beautiful, but more and more, I am finding her stunning.  I love her spirit and what she has to say about life, art, and creativity.

Shine on, Drew!



I never regret anything. Because every little detail of your life is what made you into who you are in the end. -drew

I used to look in the mirror and feel shame, I look in the mirror now and I absolutely love myself. -drew

I've always said that one night, I'm going to find myself in some field somewhere, I'm standing on grass, and it's raining, and I'm with the person I love, and I know I'm at the very point I've been dreaming of getting to. - drew

God made a very obvious choice when he made me voluptuous; why would I go against what he decided for me? My limbs work, so I'm not going to complain about the way my body is shaped. -drew



No comments:

Post a Comment