Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mural Time!

I just finished up a jungle themed mural for a friend's daughter's bedroom. Little Peanut (her adorable nickname) is two years old and as far as I can tell, a happy client!  When asked if she liked the mural, she shouted "yes!"  When asked pretty much anything at all, she shouted "yes!"  I'm gonna take it as she liked it, though. :)

The mural ended up taking me about thirteen hours to complete in total.  I wasn't expecting it to take that long, but had never painted anything this big before.  It covers an 8 ft. by 8 ft. space.  My main goal was to make these animals super happy, friendly, and endearing to young children.  In addition to Peanut, they have another little one on the way, too.  I hope that these characters can spark their imaginations and become their daily jungle friends.

I would love to do more murals!  I am so excited for this new beginning.  Bring on the projects!






No comments:

Post a Comment