Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cowboy up!



My favorite coffee shop, Better Buzz, always puts lil' stickers on their hot coffee drinks in the morning.  Me, being the slightly crazy person that I am, takes the message of these stickers as a sign of the day to come.  If I get a peace sign, I am quite sure the Universe is on my side for the day.  If, however, I get a football, I worry about what's in store. ( I hate football...sorry!) 

Today's sticker says "cowboy up."  I feel that this message is a direct response to a lot of my questions as of late.  My whining, my making mountains out of molehills, the repetitive "woe is me" funk I can get myself lodged into.  I gotcha, Universe.  Time to grab the bull by the horns.  It also reminds me of this quote by good ole Lady Gaga:

"When I wake up in the morning, I feel just like any other insecure 24-year-old girl. Then I say, 'Bitch, you're Lady Gaga, you get up and walk the walk today."
(Rolling Stone, July 2010)

So, when you find yourself holding back with fear, questioning why life has to be so hard, or thinking that you surely must be the only person in the entire world with insecurities ...just go ahead and cowboy up already! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment