Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

A day at the Ronald McDonald House.

This past weekend I volunteered at the Ronald McDonald House here in San Diego.  We were there to help serve a lunch for the families staying there and I created an arts and crafts project for the kids.  It was so much fun and so rewarding.  I've seriously been telling myself to volunteer for years, and procrastinated doing such an awesome thing for way too long.  I am on a volunteer kick now, which feels so rad!  The kids made Valentine's Cards for their family members and each lil' one was so cute!  I went so overboard at Michael's, I pretty much grabbed every sparkly hearted thing I could find!  If you have time, volunteer for something that matters to you.  It felt so good to get out of my normal self indulgent Saturday routine and focus on someone else for a change.



No comments:

Post a Comment