Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Funeral Song.

My dad's recent death has truly made me realize the fragility of life. His memorial service was a small and touching gathering of close friends and family. It was heart warming to suddenly be surrounded by all of the people I love the most. The service got me thinking about what I would want to leave my friends and family with when I leave this world. I know, it's a pretty heavy and quite morbid thing to ponder...but losing my dad made me realize that his life was a lesson I can learn from. All our lives are filled with meaning, and we all have an inspiring message in the core of our time on Earth. I wanted comfort from my dad after he was gone. I wanted to know that he was at peace, that he was proud, and that he wants me to live my dreams to the fullest. I want to make sure the people I love know these things when I die, and so...I want this song to play at my funeral. Heavy thoughts for a mellow Sunday!



p.s. I saw The Flaming Lips live and it was one of those magical, "one of the best moments of my life," experience when they performed this song. I'll remember it always!

No comments:

Post a Comment